Our mission is to educate all students in a safe, nurturing, challenging and disciplined environment so their performance is a credit to themselves and society.
It is important that the children are getting quality education, succeeding and becoming viable contributing members to our society.
As an entrepreneur I understand the importance of setting children up for success & teaching the basics at a young age, so they can excel in their future endeavours.
Communication is key!
Parents need to:
Teachers need to:
We need to turn our schools into schools of excellence & not settle for average.
Don't miss out on your voice being heard by attending board meetings and community meetings about the school design plan. This is your chance to put in your input on school bond spending.
Did you know the school has a program called Safe To Tell? It is a confidential program to share issues students and teachers are facing such as harassment, bullying, etc.
Contact me to set up a phone call or meeting or to find out when the next Coffee with the Candidates or Town Hall meeting is.
Did you know that the school board has a say in every part of what happens in the school? (i.e., curriculum, safety, budget, hiring and firing, all school policies, etc.)
Here is what the GWSD Board Policy States About The Board's Powers & Responsibilitiies:
1. Legislative or policymaking. the development of policy and for the employment of a superintendent who will carry out its policy through the development and implementation of regulations.
2. Educational planning & appraisal. acquiring reliable information from responsible sources which will enable it to make the best possible decisions about the scope & nature of the educational program. The Board is responsible for requiring appraisal of the results of the educational program.
3. Staffing & appraisal. for employing the staff necessary for carrying out the instructional program & establishing salaries and salary schedules and other terms and conditions of employment, as well as for personnel policies district-wide in application. The Board is responsible for appraising the effectiveness of its staff by providing for regular evaluation.
4. Financial resources. for adopting a budget that will provide the financial basis for buildings, staff, materials & equipment which will enable the district to carry out the educational program. The Board is responsible for exercising control over the finances of the district to insure proper use of, and accounting for, all district funds.
5. School facilities. for determining school housing needs, for communicating these needs to the community, for purchasing sites, & for approving building plans that will support and enhance the educational program.
6. Communication with the public. for providing adequate and direct means for keeping the local citizenry informed about the schools and for keeping itself informed about the wishes of the public.
7. Judicial. for acting as a court of appeal for school staff members, students and the public when issues involve Board policies & their fair implementation.
The date to cast your vote for the 2 board member positions available is November 4, 2025! Make sure you vote for 2 candidates!
I would love to schedule some time where we can get together and chat about what you are looking for in a school board.
Registered Agent Marge Klein
07:00 am – 07:45 pm